Remember that your heart is a muscle. If you want it to be strong, you need to exercise it.
- How do you do it? By being active in a way that gets you huffing and puffing, like jumping rope, dancing, or playing basketball. My favorite way of exercise is dancing for uplifting Christian music. Try it! You won't regret it!
- Try to be active every day for at least 30 minutes! An hour would be even better for your heart!
- Eat a variety of healthy foods and avoid foods high in unhealthy fats, such as saturated fats and trans fats (reading the labels on foods can help you figure out if your favorite snacks contain these unhealthy ingredients).
- Palm oil is not an ideal food for your heart. I know, I know, Nigerians love it. But please abeg, reduce the amount of oil you use When I first saw my husband using palm oil in egusi I was shocked. Please don't use too much of it, my sister/brother.
- Try to eat at least five servings of fruits and vegetables each day.
- Avoid sugary soft drinks and fruit drinks.
- Don't smoke. It can damage the heart and blood vessels.
Post a Comment